ASCA Standards For Get Rid Of The Hurt
Standard A: Students will acquire the attitudes, knowledge and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life span.
- A:A3 Achieve School Success
- A:A3.1 Take responsibility for their actions
Standard A: Students will acquire the knowledge, attitudes and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect self and others.
- PS:A1 Acquire Self-Knowledge
- PS:A1.2 Identify values, attitudes and beliefs
- PS:A1.4 Understand change is a part of growth
- PS:A1.6 Distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate behavior
- PS:A1.8 Understand the need for self-control and how to practice it
- PS:A1.10 Identify personal strengths and assets
- PS:A2 Acquire Interpersonal Skills
- PS:A2.5 Recognize and respect differences in various family configurations
- PS:A2.6 Use effective communications skills
Standard B: Students will make decisions, set goals and take necessary action to achieve goals.
- PS:B1 Self-Knowledge Application
- PS:B1.2 Understand consequences of decisions and choices
- PS:B1.3 Identify alternative solutions to a problem
- PS:B1.5 Demonstrate when, where and how to seek help for solving problems and making decisions
- PS:B1.11 Use persistence and perseverance in acquiring knowledge and skills
American School Counselor Association. ASCA National Standards for Students. Alexandria, VA: Copyright 2004 by the American School Counselor Association
Get Rid Of The Hurt © 2008 MARCO PRODUCTS, INC. 1443 OLD YORK ROAD, WARMINSTER, PA 18974